Monday, March 5, 2012

Dividend Increase - Harris Corporation (HRS)



I just wanted to write a quick article today to let readers know that Harris Corporation (HRS) announced a 17.9% increase in its dividend, raising it from $0.28 per share quarterly to $0.33 quarterly per share.

This announcement is a pretty healthy dividend increase, especially in comparison to some lighter dividend increases from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT), Abbott Laboratories (ABT), UniSource Energy Corp. (UNS), Waste Management (WM) among others. Dividend increases have been a little lighter this year, so the 17.9% increase from Harris Corporation (HRS) is very nice indeed.

Full Disclosure: Long HRS

Thanks for reading.

Photo Credit: Harris Corporation

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM , Blogger Henry said...

That's incredible! Most of my dividend increases have been in the single-digit range. HRS must truly believe business will pick up this year, I hope they're right. I think most companies are lowering their dividend increases because of the many uncertainties around the world. PEP's 4% increase was a bit disappointing. But I can't complain about a free raise...

 
At March 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Dividend Mantra said...

Henry,

I agree that some raises this year were disappointing, most notably PEP's. The low interest rate environment combined with all the economic issues certainly weigh on companies. HRS was a nice surprise!

Best wishes!

 
At March 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Compounding Income said...

That's a nice raise you got there. You're right, so far 2012 has been kind of a disappointment for div increases. I'll take small increases over freezes anyday.

 
At March 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Dividend Mantra said...

Compounding Income,

I totally agree with you. Even a 1% increase is much better than a static dividend or, worse, a dividend cut. At least 1% helps combat inflation.

Great point! Take care.

 
At March 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous Kanwal Sarai @ Simply Investing said...

Nice increase! I love dividend increases the more the better!!

 
At March 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Dividend Mantra said...

Kanwal,

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes, I love dividend increases as well. Where at your job you're lucky to get an annual raise of 3%, dividend stocks give you yearly raise at many multiples of that in most cases.

Best wishes!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Penny Stock Blog said...

Harris Corporation appears to be a very solid company. I don't believe that investors should have any concerns about Harris Corporation not increasing their dividend by a nice amount every year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home