Dividend Income Update-January/February 2011
Each month I will post dividends received in the prior month. I will break these down by company and amount of dividends received per company. Since I recently started this blog, and I would like it to chronicle all of 2011, I will post dividends received in both January and February.
January Dividends Received
- SYY - $7.54
- MO - $19.76
- WMT - $6.05
February Dividends Received
- PG - $16.86
- ABT - $18.04
Obviously, a month-over-month increase in dividends received is nice, but this was merely a product of my holdings and the month that dividend distributions fall on. I would like to see every month consistently go up, but my portfolio is still in the initial stages and still building...and therefore I may not receive an ever growing stream of income until my number of holdings are large enough that income is spread out evenly over the course of the year. I am far behind my goal of producing a total of $1,200 in total dividend income for the year of 2011. I have produced a total of $68.25 through the first two months of 2011, but I am improving with every month that goes by and every purchase I make. I hope that with the vast amount of my net income I am saving by living frugally, and then putting to work for me I will make up ground in the second half of the year. Wish me luck!
Thanks for reading.
Labels: Dividend Income Update


4 Comments:
Keep it up DivMantra; every little bit helps. Stay in touch,
DividendPartisan
Thanks Dividend Partisan. I keep focused every day!
Thanks for the info, it is quite common to see on other blogs I follow, they are already at large numbers for annual dividends received. I am glad to see a 'beginner' that I can relate too, b/c I am in the same situation.
Anonymous,
Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you can relate, because I am definitely a beginner (less than 1 year in). I hope you enjoy following along and I wish you success! It'll be great to see what these numbers look like in 3,5,10 years.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home